Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (CGS-CUP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in building international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, China Pharmaceutical University recruits international graduate students supported by CGS-CUP across the world.
Coverage of the scholarship:
● Tuition waiver;
● Accommodation: free university dormitory; CPU will accommodate scholarship students in university dormitory (usually twin room)
● Stipend: master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive stipend from their CPU month by month.
Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th included) will receive full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half stipend of that month.
If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date
● Medical insurance
Please refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council: http://en.csc.edu.cn
2. Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|Categories of Applicants||Duration of Scholarship|
|Master’s Degree Students||3 academic years|
|Doctoral Degree Students||3 academic years|
Note: In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
Ⅱ Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
2.Applicants are not studying in Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
– Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
III Choices of Specialties
China Pharmaceutical University offers 37 master’s degree programs and 24 doctoral programs. For more specific information, please check the List of programs on our website. (international.cpu.edu.cn)
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package the relevant recommendation letters written by those supervisors.
IV Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (print and sign the form after submitting application online)
2. Photocopy of the passport;
3. The notarized photocopy highest diploma and transcripts. If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide Certificate of Enrollment or Employment accordingly. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
4. Chinese Language test report (HSK) for Chinese-taught programs and English language test report e.g. IELTS or TOEFL for English-taught programs;
5. A study or research proposal (written in Chinese or English and no less than 800 words);
6. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors in Chinese or English (professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter);
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Upon completion of online application, applicants should submit or send the above materials to the Section of International Students of China Pharmaceutical University before April 15, 2017.Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
Ⅴ Online Application
Online application is required for all.
All applicants should visit http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp to apply online.
Please select CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP and the agency No. is 10316.
In the meantime, applicants also need to submit online application from CPU application system http://admission.cpu.edu.cn/apply.
Ⅵ Deadline for Application
April 15, 2017
VII. Admission and Notification
1. China Pharmaceutical University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. The name list of the scholarship awardees for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review before the end of April, 2017.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university and Admission Notice and other relevant documents will be sent to them before the end of July, 2017.
4. All applicants need to pay RMB2000 Yuan as a deposit and will get refunded after registration at China pharmaceutical University.