The Resolution Social Venture Challenge is a pathway to action for undergraduate social entrepreneurs. The Challenge allows attendees at host conferences to build teams and submit plans for ventures that will make a positive impact today. Resolution will provide Fellowships to select socially-responsible young leaders.
Resolution Fellowships include a full ecosystem of support for aspiring young social entrepreneurs:
- Seed funding – a grant to kick start the social venture
- Strong advisory support – each Fellow team is assigned a pair of Guides, providing dynamic, hands-on mentorship ranging from social venture advice to personal and professional development
- Access to resources – a diverse array of trainings, materials, and professional services are available to help Fellows navigate the challenges of social entrepreneurship
- Community –access to Resolution’s network of advisors, socially-responsible supporters, and an action-oriented peer group Resolution Fellows are working on all 6 inhabited continents in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, health and wellness, equality and empowerment, and humanitarian aid.
How does it work?
- Global Partnerships: We form close partnerships with youth conferences that serve broad communities of university students.
- Resolution Social Venture Challenges: We invite you, the young leaders attending these host conferences, to propose impactful, socially-responsible projects (“Ventures”) in a multistage competition known as the Resolution Social Venture Challenge (“SVC”):
- Venture proposal: Teams will sign-up and complete a multi-step proposal outlining the Venture implementation and sustainability. Resolution will review eligible submission and invite semifinalists (often everyone who complete a proposal) to participate in-person at the conference.
- SVC Forum: At the conference, semifinalists will showcase their proposals. They will explain their Venture to conference attendees and judges in an informal, science fairlike setting.
- SVC Finals: Forum judges will select teams to invite to present their Venture to a panel of judges. Presentations will be followed by question and answer sessions.