Applications are welcome from graduates aiming to write their doctoral thesis at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences. A scholarship will enable you to develop an excellent research proposal and submit it to appropriate funding bodies. BAGSS supports scholarship holders through personal mentoring, workshops and support services.
BAGSS is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. We are seeking to stimulate and guide cutting-edge doctoral research on some of the most crucial challenges modern knowledge-based societies are facing.
Qualification & Requirements
- Applications from the following fields are welcome
- Educational Science
- Political Science
- Labour and Educational Economics
- Demography and Statistics
- Candidates must hold a Master‘s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. International applications are encouraged but successful applicants will be required to take up their residence in Bamberg
- DAAD scholarships amount to a monthly stipend of 1,000 EUR, plus insurance and other allowances according to the DAAD guidelines.
- Starter scholarships amount to a monthly stipend of 1,468 Euro, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable. The Graduate School is committed to diversity, equal opportunities and the compatibility of family and career within its statutory obligations.