The IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Evolution and Ecology
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
What to expect from the program
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article
Who should apply?
- you are a PhD student (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- your would like to explore the policy implications of your work
- applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).
Deadline for submission of application is January 11 2017
How to apply?
Candidates apply via the online application form.
Registration for the 2017 program will open on 1 October 2016 (until 11 January 2017). Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 10, 2017.
Checkout the FAQS here