MINDS offers scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Program aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
MINDS scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions . MINDS does not prescribe the course to be studied.
The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the African continent, outside their home country are invited to apply for the scholarships.
MINDS scholarships are awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
MINDS is currently receiving applications from students who commence their studies in 2017. Interested individuals are invited to submit applications as soon as they receive official acceptance from a MINDS preferred university at which they wish to study. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you can submit your application by clicking on the link below. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
List of Preferred Institutions
To be eligible to receive a MINDS scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Kenyatta University, Kenya
Moi University, Kenya
Strathmore University, Kenya
University of Nairobi, Kenya
Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan
University of Khartoum, Sudan
University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Makerere University, Uganda
Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
University of Botswana, Botswana
Université d’Antananarivo, Madagascar
University of Malawi, Malawi
University of Mauritius, Mauritius
Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique
Polytechnic of Namibia, Namibia
Rhodes University, South Africa
University of Cape Town, South Africa
University of Fort Hare, South Africa
University of Johannesburg, South Africa
University of Pretoria, South Africa
University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
University of Swaziland, Swaziland
University of Zambia, Zambia
University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
Université Abdelhamid Ibn Badis Mostaganem, Algeria
Université Abou Bekr Belkaid Tlemcen, Algeria
Université des Frères Mentouri de Constantine 1, Algeria
Ain Shams University, Egypt
Alexandria University, Egypt
Cairo University, Egypt
Mansoura University, Egypt
Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
Université Mohammed V, Morocco
Université de la Manouba, Tunisia
Université de Sousse, Tunisia
Université de Tunis El Manar, Tunisia
Université de Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Universidade de Cabo Verde, Cabo Verde
Ashesi University, Ghana
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
University for Development Studies, Ghana
University of Education, Winneba, Ghana
University of Ghana, Ghana
Covenant University, Nigeria
Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria
Pan -Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
University of Ibadan, Nigeria
University of Ilorin, Nigeria
University of Lagos, Nigeria
Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
Fourah Bay College, Sierra Leone
Yaounde University, Cameroon
Protestant University of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo
Catholic University of the Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo
Visit webpage here