Deadline April 15 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross Legal Division is offering six paid traineeships for a period of one year at its headquarters in Geneva. The traineeships start in autumn 2017.
- A university degree in law or international relations and a Master degree in international law (or an equivalent post-graduate legal training);
- Excellent knowledge of IHL (shortlisted candidates will be tested in IHL during the course of the interviews);
- Fluency in either French or English, and a very good understanding of the other;
- Age: Applicants should be between 25 and 30 years old at the beginning of the internship.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
Trainees at the Legal Division undertake a variety of assignments, including carrying out research and writing project briefs on specific legal questions primarily related to IHL, both in French and in English. They also review legal documents, contribute to the preparation of meetings, prepare draft reports or minutes of meetings and give presentations on IHL to groups visiting the ICRC.
Applications should be submitted on-line between the 15th March and the 15th April 2017 and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All those submitted outside of this period will not be considered. The selection process will take place between May and June 2017.
Your application file should include the following elements:
- A fully completed Traineeship form (attached below)
- A cover letter, not exceeding 800 words
- A CV, not exceeding two pages, which indicates in particular:
- The titles and the number of hours of international humanitarian law (IHL) courses followed
- Any academic writings and/or other research work carried out in IHL
- Any relevant professional experience in relation to IHL.
Download application form here
Visit webpage here