The World Bank Group Analyst Program is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes. You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management and finance. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career in the World Bank Group. Participants holding a Master’s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities. Alternatively, you may leverage the experience you have gained to pursue further studies or other opportunities in international development.
To be competitive for this highly selective program, you need to demonstrate a commitment to development, analytical thinking, proven academic success, and leadership potential. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Positions may be based in Washington, DC or in a local office.
Application and Selection Process
Based on the business needs in a specific recruitment stream, a select number of candidates may potentially be approached for further interviewing/testing between May, 2017 and January 31, 2018. Offers will be made during that period. Selected candidates will enter the World Bank Group between May 2017 and March 2018 and will start their development curriculum in mid-March 2018.
2017 Selection Eligibility Criteria
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
- 28 years of age or younger (i.e., born on or after January 1st, 1989)
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by December 31, 2017
- One to three years of relevant work experience in the recruitment stream is considered.
- Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
- Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred.
- In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies.
-Deliver results for clients
– Lead and innovate
– Collaborate within teams and across boundaries
– Create, apply and share knowledge
– Make smart decisions
Please click on the link below to apply to maximum one of the recruitment streams below (note that you cannot apply to more than one stream).
You will focus on areas ranging from assisting in the formulation of policy and strategic advice to supporting the identification, preparation, appraisal and supervision of development projects. Operational units include at the World Bank (WB) the 14 Global Practices and 4 Cross-Cutting Solutions Areas, which are responsible for defining strategic direction, developing and deploying expertise globally and capturing and leveraging knowledge effectively, as well as operations at the International Finance Corporation and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency.
WB Global Practices Agriculture; Education; Energy and Extractives; Environment and Natural Resources; Finance and Markets; Governance; Health, Nutrition and Population; Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management; Poverty; Social Protection and Labor; Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience; Trade and Competitiveness; Transport and ICT; and Water.
WB Cross-Cutting Solution Areas Climate Change; Fragility, Conflict and Violence; Gender; Jobs; and Public-Private Partnerships.
A Master’s degree is required to apply to the Operations recruitment stream.
You will contribute to the financial sustainability and management of the World Bank Group in areas such as treasury, risk management, and financial management. Your focus may include financial analysis, financial modeling, and/or quantitative analysis. Bachelors’ and Masters’ holders will be considered.
To learn more, read the FAQs.
Visit webpage here