Deadline for submitting applications is 30 April 2017.
The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) and the Institute for European Studies at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel call for applications for a one-year research position. The researcher will be hired for the project ‘Multi-level governance in West Africa: reaping the benefits of migration with or without regulation’ (AMIREG).
Profile The successful candidate is required to: •
- hold a Master’s degree in political science, international relations, public policy, law or relevant social sciences (migration studies, African studies) with excellent study results
- have experience in conducting research interviews
- be fluent and have excellent communications skills in English and French know (the literature) on migration policy
- have the ability to communicate with stakeholders, among others high-level officials
- be flexible, self-motivated and perseverant
- Knowledge of and travel experience in (West-) Africa are an asset
UNU CRIS offers a 1-year pre-doc bursary through the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB).
- Extension of contract is subject to performance and the acquisition of additional funding by the supervisors or researcher.
- Remuneration is at the level of a full-time research assistant at a Flemish university (i.e. approximately € 1.900 net per month) and includes contributions for social security.
- Secondary employment is not allowed.
- The researcher will conduct two months of field work in Ghana (Accra) and two months of field work in Senegal (Dakar). Housing and travel costs will be covered.
The candidate will be selected on the basis of her/his expertise, work experience and qualifications, as well as a short description of the planning of the field work.
- The following application documents are to be consolidated into a single PDF file sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading: ‘AMIREG UNU-CRIS call’):
- Completed application form
- A one-page motivation letter explaining the candidate’s interest in pursuing this research task, and possibly a PhD on the topic
- A curriculum vitae listing all academic qualifications, relevant research and field experience and previous publications
- A description and planning of the field work activities in Ghana and Senegal (a short proposal of a questionnaire for semi-structured interviews, a list of possible interviewees and an indicative planning), condensed into no more than 1.500 to 2000 words.
- A copy of the highest obtained diploma and transcript of academic grades Candidates must also provide the contact details of two references
- To apply please fill in the application form and create 1 single PDF containing the application form and all other required documents. Please send this PDF by e-mail to email@example.com (subject heading: “AMIREG UNU-CRIS call“).
For more information on Job role please visit UNU-CRIS Vacancy advert
For further inquiries and the description of the AMIREG project, please contact ilke. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.