Deadline:April 30 2017
The Committee seeks the help of 2-3 interns each semester to support the Committee’s programs and operations. Individuals who wish to gain a wide range of hands-on experiences and to learn about the individuals and organizations shaping the future of the international financial institutions are encouraged to apply. The internship pays a $500 stipend.
- Research and create background materials for Committee staff and leadership on key issues and institutions in international trade, finance, and development;
- Assist in the planning and execution of Committee programs including researching and developing program themes and topics; drafting background and promotional materials; creating speaker preparatory materials; and logistics support;
- Support the Committee’s membership recruitment strategy by researching high-level leaders in the fields of international finance, trade, and development;
- Track relevant U.S. legislation as it pertains to the work of the Committee;
- Manage the Committee’s digital communication strategy including content creation and process development to improve the Committee’s website and social media communications;
- Assist in the preparation of the Committee’s internal and external communication tools including its quarterly newsletter and other member communications;
- Support the daily administrative tasks of the office including data entry, mailings, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate student or recent graduate in international business, finance, economics, development, political science, or related fields who has:
- Previous office experience.
- A healthy awareness of companies, government actors, and other organizations involved in global finance, trade and development activities.
- A self-driven nature and demonstrated ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office. Knowledge of social media, Drupal, and/or basic HTML helpful but not required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter addressed to Office Manager Melissa Smith, and writing sample (2 pages maximum) by . Please include your desired beginning and end dates and available number of hours per week in your cover letter.
- Fall Internship: August 15
- Spring Internship: December 15
- Summer Internship: April 30