Deadline:16 June 2017
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith. After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and thy will participate in the
reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
The Programme is managed by the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and organized by the Tempus Public Foundation.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship Include
- Tuition-free education
– exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
– bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119 000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
– dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs
– HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance
– health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
- Citizens of Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of
Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and Nigeria are eligible for this program.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community
- Must also possess the recommendation from
the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts in Hungary
- Online application form
- Motivation letter
- Approved recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungaria
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study
programme or in Hungaria
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Statement for Application
All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of the Programme. Upon registration, the applicants will be able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Applications can only be submitted by clicking on the “submit” button in the application system. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the
deadline. No hard copies are required
General information about applications:
Tempus Public Foundation
Name: Mrs. Bíbor Bánfi-Klekner
Address: H-1077 Budapest, Kéthly Anna tér 1.
Phone: 00 36 1 /237-1300/337
Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary
Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians
Address: H-1054 Budapest, Akadémia u. 3.
Phone: 00 36 (1) 8963692
For more information visit webpage here
Download application PDF here