Application Deadline: June 30th, 2017
The Andela Fellowship is a four-year paid technical leadership program designed to shape you into an elite software developer. The program requires that you dedicate yourself to the broader Andela community and requires that you apply yourself and challenge yourself to constantly improve personally and professionally throughout the four years of the Fellowship. Through extensive training and work experience with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the African continent and around the world.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment
First, you’ll complete a free application, which lets us learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. However, if you have completed University or have a Higher National Diploma from a polytechnic, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela, unless you have been formally exempted.
- You must be an embodiment of Andela values, excellence, passion, intergrity and collaboration
Stage 2: Home Study
Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. You can find the downloadable version of this course here. During the course, you’ll complete a technical test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
Stage 3: In-Person Interview
Based on performance on the Aptitude Assessment and Technical test, we invite a select group of applicants to interview with Andela. If selected, you’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and software developers at Andela.
Stage 4: Two-Week Boot Camp
Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time Boot Camp at an Andela Campus led by our senior developers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
Stage 5: Acceptance
The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
Recruitment Schedule for Andela Nigeria, Cycle XXV
Home Study Test: The Home Study test is a requirement for making it through our selection process. Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.
- HomeStudy Test Submission Deadline: July 7th, 2017
- Interview Dates: July 17th – July 21st, 2017
- Bootcamp: July 31st – August 11th, 2017
- Fellowship: September 4th, 2017 – September, 2021
- Please take this schedule into consideration before you apply.
For more information,
- Please read the Application FAQs and Home Study FAQs
- If you still have unanswered questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Learn more about the Andela Fellowship here