Deadline: July 15 2017
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER) awards Surgery Fellowship to outstanding medical students. The fellowship is open for international students to participate in elective preoperative patient evaluations, operative procedures, postoperative care and emergency colorectal conditions.
The aim of the fellowship is to give the opportunity to participate in the surgical care of patients with a wide variety of colorectal pathology.
If you are an international applicant who has completed a general surgery residency in a program that is nonaccredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), you are eligible to apply for this one-year nonaccredited fellowship.
Applicants work closely with Mayo Clinic’s 10 colon and rectal surgeons. Applicants participate in elective preoperative patient evaluations, operative procedures, postoperative care and emergency colorectal conditions.
How to apply
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by July 15 of the year preceding the program start date. The academic year begins July 1.
To apply, contact email@example.com.
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include the following application materials:
- Photograph of yourself
- Official medical school transcripts
- A copy of your medical school diploma
- A valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if you graduated from medical school outside the United States)
- Medical school performance evaluation (MSPE) — “dean’s letter”
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, ABSITE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX or NBME)
- USMLE steps 1, 2 CK and 2 CS (Step 3 is only required if applicants are seeking H-1B sponsorship)
- A program director’s letter of recommendation
- At least two other letters of recommendation, in addition to the program director’s letter
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are scheduled on a case-by-case basis each year.
Visit webpage for more information here