Deadline:July 1 2017
The Nineteenth Century Studies Association (NCSA) is pleased to announce the 2018 Emerging Scholars Award. The work of emerging scholars represents the promise and long-term future of interdisciplinary scholarship in nineteenth century studies. . The winning article will be selected by a committee of nineteenth-century scholars representing diverse disciplines.
The winner will receive $500 to be presented at the annual NCSA Conference in 2018. Applicants are encouraged to attend the conference at which the prize will be awarded.
- Essay published within six years of the author’s doctorate or other terminal professional degree.
- Entrants must have less than seven years of experience either in an academic career, or as a post-terminal-degree independent scholar or practicing professional
- Entries can be from any discipline and may focus on any aspect of the long nineteenth century (the French Revolution to World War I),
- Must be published in English or be accompanied by an English translation, and must be by a single author. Submission of essays that are interdisciplinary is especially encouraged.
- Articles that appeared in print in a journal or edited collection between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 are eligible for the 2018 Emerging Scholar Award; if the date of publication does not fall within that span but the work appeared between those dates, then it is eligible. Essays published in online, peer-reviewed journals are considered to be “in print” and are thus eligible.
- Send a PDF of electronically published articles/essays to the committee chair, Professor Caroline McCracken-Flesher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address all questions to Dr. Caroline McCracken-Flesher at the same email address. Please note that applicants must verify date of actual publication for eligibility. Articles submitted to the NCSA Article Prize competition are ineligible for the Emerging Scholars Award; one entry per scholar is allowed annually
Visit webpage for more information here