Deadline is July 1, 2017
The Harvard University South Asia Institute (SAI) Crossroads Summer Program is a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, and Africa, who are the first in their families to attend college and may also be facing challenging financial and social circumstances. The application deadline is July 1, 2017, and the program will run from August 11-14, 2017 at the DIFC Academy of the Dubai International Financial Centre(Dubai, UAE).
Leading Harvard faculty will teach an intensive, multidisciplinary four-day curriculum in Dubai, for up to 60 accomplished, motivated youth. This program is a collaboration between the Harvard South Asia Institute, the Harvard Business School Club of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Dubai International Financial Centre with the support of Air Arabia, the Carlton Hotel, Dubai Future Accelerators, and Emirates Grand Hotel.
- Holder of valid passport from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka or from countries in the Middle East and Africa.
- The first member of a family—or the first generation within a family—to attend college
- Demonstrate financial need
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in a college OR a recent graduate from a college (within three years)
- Fluency in English
- Class size: up to 60 students
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- Cost: FREE (The program will cover the costs of international travel, board, lodging and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
- Applications are open now—early submissions are encouraged.
- Questions: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: SAI Crossroads Summer Program)
Application deadline—July 1, 2017
Skype interviews with finalists—week of July 10, 2017
Notice of acceptance to candidates—July 20, 2017
Program dates—August 11-14, 2017
Before applying be sure to read the FAQs here
Submission material checklist
- Application form
- Academic transcript*—official or unofficial document showing the student’s grades
- A personal statement of 600 words or less describing why you are applying for this program*—documents must be double-spaced, using 12-pt font size.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by the recommender to email@example.com.
- In their email to SAI, recommenders should put “SAI Crossroads Summer Program” and the applicant’s name in the subject line.
- Letters should offer insight into the student’s academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges.
- Letters must be in English.
- Contact information for the two recommender
Visit webpage for more information here