Deadline for submission: 16 August 2017, 23:59 CET
The UN Sustainable Development Goals, or Global Goals, were adopted in September 2015 by 193 countries to end extreme poverty, tackle inequality and injustice, and safeguard our planet. To achieve the 17 goals over the next 15 years, governments, the private sector and civil society must all play their part.
Recognizing that the opportunities for enterprises to impact sustainable development vary across industries, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, or Global Goals call for collaboration – Global Goal 17. The Community Solar Innovation Awards represent a visionary partnership across business sectors to lift people out of energy poverty and support community.
- For profit business and not-for-profit entrants from developing nations around the world.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- Application of solar technology in a productive way
- Have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- Be locally-driven or locally-led
- Deliver social, environmental and economic benefits
- Main activities and origin in non-OECD country and non-EU member state
- Entrants cannot be accepted who are sanctioned parties or from sanctioned countries prohibited by the laws of the United Kingdom, the United States, or other applicable jurisdictions.
The ten winners of the Hogan Lovells Community Solar Innovation Awards will each receive a package of tailored support consisting of:
Stage 1: Submission of the application form – before 16 August 2017, 23:59 CET
Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted applicants – end of September 2017
Stage 3: Submission of Additional information – mid-October 2017
Stage 4: Winner Selection – December 2017
Stage 5: Award Ceremony – March 2018
Visit webpage for more information here