APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 September 2017
ISTR is pleased to announce the fourth ISTR PhD Seminar preceding the 13th International Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in July 2018. The ISTR PhD Seminar is a recurring event that takes place bi-annually in conjunction with the international conference.
The ISTR PhD Seminar is open to all doctoral students in the field of third sector and civil society research, across the different regions in the world, and at all stages of their doctoral research. The aim of the workshop is to provide doctoral students with the opportunity to receive extensive intellectual and methodological advice on their doctoral research, to introduce them to main theories and developments in the field, to reflect upon publication and career strategies, and to provide a unique opportunity to network with junior and senior scholars within the international ISTR research community.
The seminar is limited to a group of (up to) 50 doctoral students. Applicants must be members of ISTR and register and attend the conference. Students are encouraged to submit abstracts to the conference (see the call here: http://www.istr.org/?Amsterdam). The ISTR PhD Seminar will start with an afternoon session followed by an informal dinner on Sunday afternoon, July 8, 2018.
Eligibility and selection criteria
To be eligible for participation, applicants should be:
– Enrolled as a doctoral student [all stages of the doctoral research are allowed]
– Working in the field of third sector and civil society research [all academic disciplines are invited]
– A member of ISTR for 2018/19 and register and attend the 2018 conference
(immediately following the PhD seminar)
– Able to participate in the entire PhD Seminar from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday around noon as well as the conference from Tuesday to Friday
– Be prepared to present and discuss their doctoral work with peers and faculty, and to participate in an active and constructive way in group discussions
– (ISTR 2017 membership is not required for application submission)
Interested students should send their application directly to email: email@example.com c/o ISTR PhD Seminar 2018 by September 29, 2017.
All applications must include the following information:
– Full name and gender
– Contact details (including e-mail and phone number)
– Disciplinary background
– Institutional affiliation and name(s) of the supervisor(s)
– Working title of PhD project and formal start/end dates
– Indication of the stage of your research
– Abstract of PhD research (min. 500 – max. 800 words). Read More….