Application deadline:14 July 2017
Named after Thomas Garner, the leading architect who restored Yarnton Manor to its full glory in the late 19th century, these scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need, as well as the strength of the student’s personal statement, to deserving applicants from all over the world.
With this scholarship, they seek to widen the pool of students who can benefit from our courses and encourage the diversity of cultures and backgrounds that make ORA courses so unique.
Who should apply?
Academically-minded, driven students from any country of the world are welcome to apply for a Thomas Garner Scholarship. You should have an excellent academic record and a demonstrable passion for your chosen subject. You should also be able to explain how a Thomas Garner Scholarship will benefit your academic ambitions.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- Aged between 17 and 19 at the commencement of tuition
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Eligible to live and study in the UK for 10 weeks
- Able to demonstrate academic merit
- Able to submit evidence of financial need
- Creative Writing and Literature
- Future Filmmakers Programme
- Game Development
- Politics and International Relations
- STEM Themes
- Submit the complete and accurate application form by the deadline
- Submit the necessary supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the stated deadline (using the subject line “Thomas Garner scholarship application: [STUDENT NAME]”), including:
– Proof of ID (official document showing date of birth)
– Most recent academic grades or examination results (official certificates)
– One teacher reference
– Evidence of financial hardship (official document such as tax return or equivalent)
- Applications are reviewed by the assessment members.
- Students will be informed of the assessment decision by the final decision deadline.
Visit webpage here