Application Deadline: 31 July 2017
Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD).
“Empowering schools and teachers globally to educate children on the SDGs”
The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
How to apply?
Global Schools is looking for passionate, motivated and hardworking young people between the ages of 18-29 to serve the Global Schools Ambassadors. If you fit the criteria, apply before 31 July 2017. Details are below:
Please note that the Global Schools Ambassador is a voluntary non-paid position
- Eligible countries: Jamaica, Guyana, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, Philippines
- Candidate MUST possess an excellent command of the English language.
- Candidate MUST have excellent public speaking skills, capable of communicating well with key stakeholders and partners.
- Candidate MUST demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from this position.
- Candidate MUST be able to commit at least 8-10 hours per week for this role.
- Candidate MUST be aged between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
- Candidate MUST be absolutely self-driven, accountable and responsible for meeting his/her goals – as between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
- Candidate MUST be committed, flexible, versatile and efficient.
Deadline: 31 July 2017
For more information about the Global Schools Ambassador, click here.