Deadline: 31 August 2017.
UNU-FLORES and Technische Universität Dresden are now accepting applications from graduates in engineering, social sciences, and natural sciences for their joint PhD Programme in Integrated Management of Water, Soil and Waste. The tuition-free programme aims at creating a new generation of environmental scientists, engineers, and managers, to conduct, promote, and provide guidance on the sustainable management of water, soil, and waste.
In line with UNU-FLORES’s research agenda, research topics for dissertations will be focused on solving current challenges related to the nexus of water, soil, and waste.
UNU-FLORES and Technische Universität Dresden are are pleased to invite qualified applicants in the following two categories to apply for the joint PhD degree programme:
- Those who have already secured sponsorships and scholarships;
- Those who are qualified and need pre-admission to apply for other scholarships (e.g. DAAD).
Please note that there are two application collections windows each year: February 1-28 and August 1-31. Applications sent outside of these two windows will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to have basic knowledge in undergraduate level physics, chemistry and mathematics with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Natural Sciences
- Social sciences
- Other closely related field
All applicants are also required to have a research-based Master’s degree related to environmental resources management. Read More….
All applications should include:
- Completed and signed joint PhD programme application form.
- Letter of motivation;
- Brief research plan/proposal (max 2 pages): it should refer to your letter of motivation and contain
- the intended research topic (see proposed topics below),
- an explanation how and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for this topic and
- an outline how you would approach the topic methodically;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of ALL university transcripts;
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS or evidence to prove that English was the language of instructions for at least one of your successfully completed previous degree programmes, in the form of a letter issued by the relevant university officials;
- Abstract of your MSc thesis (or equivalent);
- Two reference letters; and
- Proof of funding / Funding plan
Interested applicant should send their application material in one single pdf file to email@example.com. Questions related to the PhD programme should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that questions sent to email@example.com and applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will NOT be responded.
Download the Curriculum here.
Deadline: 31 August 2017.