Deadline: Monday August 21, 2017
The University of Ghana is to receive funding from the Andrew Mellon Foundation of New York to implement a project titled “Enhancing Capacity and Postgraduate Education in the Humanities at the University of Ghana” (ENCAPEH-UG) from the 2017-2018 academic year. The purpose of the project is to enhance University of Ghana’s capacity and post-graduate training in the Humanities.
The focus of the fellowship is on the following disciplines/units:
1. Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and
2. Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions
3. Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
4. African Studies
An applicant for the PhD Fellowships must:
1. Hold an MPhil Degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
2. Have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career.
Each applicant should submit the following:
1. A Completed Application Form. Forms can be downloaded using this link
2. An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue a PhD Degree.
3. An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however,
the award will be disbursed only when the awardee has received admission to University of Ghana.
4. An updated CV
5. Names and contact details of three referees.
6. Certified copies of First Degree and MPhil certificates.
7. PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope
8. A work plan and a budget attached as separate sheets.
Download PHD Application Form
The deadline for submission of applications is 5.00 p.m on Monday August 21, 2017
Applications should be sent to:
Mrs. Afia Serwaa Attrams
College of Humanities
ENCAPEH-UG Project Office, University of Ghana, BOX LG 1173, Legon
Email: ENCAPEH-UG@ug.edu.gh Phone: 0204967921
For more information, please visit the official website here.