Deadline: September 30, 2017
The CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is a scholarship program designed for faculty and non-teaching staff of Philippine Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
The objective of the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada is to prepare these scholars for academic positions, educational leadership, research, policy formulation and teacher training in the Philippines upon completion of the program.
The scholars are expected to return to the Philippines and implement meaningful programs in relation to their acquired knowledge and skills from their study in Canada for the development of their respective HEIs.
Candidates for the scholarship shall possess the following in order to be eligible to avail the scholarship grant:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (for applicants to master’s degree programs) or a master’s degree (for applicants to doctoral degree programs) relevant to the graduate degree being sought;
- Demonstrate strong academic record;
- Be in good health and of good moral character;
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law; and
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation.
Interested faculty and staff shall email CHEDScholarshipsCanada@cbie.ca following the recommended Subject format: APPLICATION_LastName,FirstName_CHEDCBIE
You will need to submit the following application documents by e-mail:
- CHED Application Form (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Transcript of Records
- Statement of Intended PhD Research/Master’s Study in Canada
- Curriculum Vitae (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Statement of Purpose (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- One Letter of Endorsement (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
- Re-entry Action Plan (following the prescribed attached CHED Template, click to download)
Upon submission of your application documents, you will be given a link through an email to accomplish an Online Application Form. Upon completion of the Online Application Form, you will be notified of the receipt and status of your application to the CBIE-CHED Scholarship for Graduates Studies in Canada.
Interested faculty and staff are given until 5:00 PM (GMT+8) of September 30, 2017 to accomplish the requirements needed for the application.
For more information on the CHED-CBIE Scholarship for Graduate Studies in Canada, please email CHEDScholarshipsCanada@cbie.ca