Deadline-September 30, 2017
Education is a powerful tool available to fight global poverty. Unfortunately, millions of young people are deprived of the access to quality education owing to cost of enrolment or tuition, resulting in frustration and by extension, illiterate and an uninformed society.Fortunately, Moral Re-Armament/Initiatives of Change, Nigeria, is stepping forward to bring hope and alleviate their related hardship in this regard by providing grants aimed at giving hope to the dreams of brilliant, intelligent indigent Nigerians. This grant will support deserving qualified students in the realization of their potential
MEG will be fully funded by Moral Re-Armament/Initiatives of Change, Nigeria. It will be fully funded by the organization until partnership is secured from other well-meaning like-minded individuals/organizations. MEG grant will focus on supporting Secondary and undergraduate brilliant, indigent Nigerian students with 20 opportunities each year (10 Secondary and 10 Undergraduates) for new applicants and renewing applicants.
Through this grant, they hope to create a network of inspired future leaders within Nigeria who are able to compete globally with their peers, create new ideas, are creative and are committed to improving their lives, people around them and those in their circle of influence. Grant will be awarded on the basis of self-discovery, intellectual ability, leadership qualities and a desire to invest their knowledge in contributing to societal growth, serve their community and ability to apply their knowledge to improve their lives and those of others. They are confident that beneficiaries of this scheme will become leaders in helping to combat issues related to technology, health, economy, finance and all areas in which the organization is deeply engaged.
- 50,000 Naira, renewable for up to the entire duration of the beneficiary’s educational tenure.
- Take note that awards are not automatically renewed annually. Students who have previously been awarded the Grant must fill-out a renewal application form to re-apply.
- Incomplete or non-submission of the required documentation, unverifiable or forged documents will automatically disqualify you for the scholarship.
Eligibility and Criteria
- MEG is open to matriculated full-time University/College applicants and secondary students who are residents and citizens of Nigeria. This programme aims to support academically qualified, yet economically and financially disadvantaged students in Nigeria.
- The grant is open to all qualified indigent students of Nigerian origin. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of self-discovery, intellectual ability, leadership qualities and a desire to invest knowledge in contributing to societal growth, serve their community, educational qualifications and ability to apply their knowledge to improve their lives and those of others.
- Are you an undergraduate student in a Nigerian University? If so, you are eligible to apply for the MRA Education Grant Programme.
All applications to the MEG Programme will only be accepted via mail (email@example.com not hand-delivered. They will not accept phone calls regarding applications. They will not accept handwritten applications and verbal referrals will not be accepted. All inquiries must be made in writing via email.
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License), Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Level of study
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter from their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
- Complete online application
- Birth certificate
- Official letter from your school confirming your studentship
- Your full name
- Department of study
- Previous results of examinations
- Valid student ID
- A passport photograph.
- Guardian/Parents consent form
Visit webpage here