Submission Deadline: May 4th, 2018
Technology is revolutionizing the world by providing tools for entrepreneurship, access to critical health and education, and life-enhancing information. Today, 1.7 billion women in low- and middle-income countries still do not own mobile phones, and the gap between the number of men and women using the internet has grown steadily over the past three years, resulting in a digital gender divide.
THE SOLUTION: WOMENCONNECT CHALLENGE
The WomenConnect Challenge is a global call for solutions to improve women’s participation in everyday life by meaningfully changing the ways women and girls access and use technology. USAID seeks to identify and accelerate comprehensive solutions that empower women and girls to access and use digital technology to drive positive health, education, and livelihood outcomes for themselves and their families.
The main themes:
1. Women’s access to technology is not an end, but a means to help address development objectives.
2. There is a need to build evidence for approaches that are working.
3. The scope of the digital gender divide requires local solutions that take into account complex cultural and socioeconomic factors.
WHO CAN APPLY
The WomenConnect Challenge is open to registered US or non-US organizations regardless of type. Individuals are eligible to apply with demonstrated organizational partnerships. Government entities are not eligible to apply. All Applicants must use WomenConnect funds to implement a solution in a country with USAID presence.
Do you have an innovative and holistic approach or proposal on how to close the digital gender divide? Click below for more information on eligibility criteria and to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and read the Request for Applications (RFA)
- Create an account and begin your application
You will need to remember your login information to access your application. You can begin to fill out your application and save it as you make progress.
- Submit any questions you have on the RFA here by March 28
Answers to submitted questions will be available at a Webinar on April 2 at 10:00 am ET and made available for download
- Submit your application by May 4 at 12:00pm ET
For more information, please visit the official website here.