May 6, 2018
TRT World Fellowship is an exciting initiative in Istanbul for young talent from around the world to get a unique hands-on experience in the field of change-inspiring journalism.
As TRT World, we invite you to take part in our journey in the international news landscape and meet our international team. The Fellowship will engage 15 talents, junior journalists and recent graduates, who are interested in the opportunity of producing balanced news with a humanitarian focus. You will join a diverse group of individuals from around the world including journalists, editors, broadcasters, researchers and freelancers.
The direct focus of this Fellowship Program is to reach people who want to get familiar with the perspective of TRT World, keep up with the changes in the media industry and improve their understanding of Turkish culture.
- Round air flight tickets and accommodation will be provided.
- Invaluable hands-on experience in News, Programmes, Digital and Vision departments
- Work with experienced traditional broadcast and digital journalists
- Get Digital know how and take part in debate forums and round table discussion groups
- Learn how it all works from the field to the newsroom
- Targeting Proficient English speakers (Level C1 & C2) who are recent graduates and those in their third or fourth year of tertiary studies
Schedule and Program
TRT World Fellows will spend two months (25th June – 17th August 2018) with the TRT World Team, in one of Turkey’s newest channels, which brings a distinctive voice to the global news landscape. There will be Turkish language courses during the Fellowship period.
- Interested in international journalism
- Proficient English language speaker (Level C1 & C2)
- A recent graduate from university
- Commitment to engagement in the related fields
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking
- Submission of an essay based on a topic provided from the Fellowship Program
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history
Please send your CV and answer the questions below in one PDF Document:
- Do you have any experience in the media sector (Internship, work Experience etc.)?
- Name fellowship or internship programs you have been involved with so far (if any)
- Write a cover letter (min. 300 Words) about your motivation to join the TRT World Fellowship Program
- Please note that application for admission to the TRT World Fellowship Program is completely online