Deadline: April 27th, 2018.
Rapid change and pressing global challenges need the innovative approach and fresh perspective of young leaders who see the future for what it can become outside the limitations of what the past has been.
This year, Canada has the opportunity to host young delegates from across the G7, leading up the 2018 G7 Summit, which will focus on a number of core policy themes. RBC, Audacious Futures, and the Young Diplomats of Canada are coming together to extend this opportunity to all youth across the G7 to pitch their ideas.
Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas at a Post-Summit Event in late May and a chance to win one of three prize packages, from the $7,500 total prize pool!
The Audacious Challenge
Pitch your most audacious idea for the future of the G7
While most policy summits are limited to high-level officials and a few youth delegates, the RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge aims to connect, enable, and mobilize G7 youth with external stakeholders on their big ideas, allowing unprecedented opportunity for young innovators to have their voices heard and responded to.
Y7 2018 and The Audacious G7 Youth Challenge centers on the following three key policy themes, which broadly mirror those of the Canadian G7 Presidency:
- The Future of Work: The economy of the future including work and inclusive growth for all.
- Climate Change and Environment: Climate change policies and the global commitment to funding climate action
- Gender Equality: Gender-focused development and economic policies for the empowerment of women and girls
The RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge is open to all youth from 30 years and under (as of March 30th, 2018) that identifies with the G7 member states (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, The United Kingdom and United States) and European Union.
How to Apply.
The RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge is designed the challenge to be as simple and accessible to youth across the G7 as possible:
- Discover: Explore the policy themes, consult with stakeholders, and check back into the website for research resources on the policy themes.
- Design: Outline the basics of your idea and practice pitching your audacious idea in 2 mins or less!
- Deliver: Apply using the form on the website with a YouTube link to your final take of a 2-minute video pitch.
- Connect: Join us at the Post-Summit Event in Toronto in late May, where we’ll feature the top Challenge finalists and final recommendations from the Y7 2018 Summit. The top place for each policy theme will be announced and awarded a prize package from the $7,500 total prize pool, provided by RBC.
Deadline: April 27th, 2018
For more information, please visit the official website of the RBC Audacious G7 Youth Challenge.