Deadline: 15th July 2018
Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing
leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund Humboldt-Universität will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural
science fields of Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics,Geography and Agricultural Science.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1. The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate HumboldtUniversitätfaculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
- Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications
- Full CV including grades
- max. 10 pages research proposal
- 1/2 page abstract
- 1 page personal statement of purpose
- 2 letters of recommendation (1 written by a professor who is the supervisor of the PhD-student at Humboldt Universität)
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
Download application PDF
Visit webpage for more inf ormation here