Application deadline-Friday 27 April 2018.
The University of Sydney invites applications for the prestigious Sydney China Visitors program
The Sydney China Visitors program offers two types of fellowship:
- Sydney China Distinguished Fellowship will host senior scholars specialising in Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature, Culture or Translation Studies.
- Sydney China Fellowship will host mid-career scholars specialising in any field, historical or contemporary, related broadly to China or the Chinese world (including for example Hong Kong, Taiwan, overseas Chinese, ‘minorities’, as well as comparative or global perspectives).
- an outstanding track record of research as demonstrated by quality publications and research grants
- qualifications as a senior scholar specialising in modern and contemporary Chinese literature, culture or translation studies.
- a willingness to conduct collaborative research with staff of the Department of Chinese Studies
- The candidate needs to be employed at, or affiliated with, a university or research organisation other than the University of Sydney.
- The fellowship is subject to the candidate obtaining a valid visa. If accepted for the fellowship, the China Studies Centre will assist you to apply for an appropriate visa. Fellows are responsible for all costs associated with the visa application.
- The University of Sydney has a commitment to equality and diversity and actively encourages applications from women.
During your time at the University of Sydney you will be expected to provide:
- one public lecture at a University-wide forum
- one presentation on your current research
- one master class (4 hours) with graduate students.
This generous fellowship will provide visiting fellows with a return airfare, a stipend, office space and library borrowing privileges, as well as access to University facilities and events
All questions concerning the program should be addressed to the China Studies Centre at email@example.com
Visit webpage for more information here