Deadline is 1 June, 2018.
3ie is offering seven bursaries for African nationals to attend Evidence 2018 from 25-28 September in Pretoria, South Africa. This regional conference, organised by Africa Evidence Network aims to encourage and promote evidence-based decision-making in Africa. It brings together a variety of stakeholders interested in the production and use of evidence for decision-making, including representatives from government, civil society, universities and the private sector. Discussions will focus on four main areas: quality education, communicable diseases, climate resilience, and good governance
- Applicants must be developing country nationals, currently residing in a low- or middle-income country and actively engaged in the field of impact evaluation or systematic reviews.
- Applicants must meet any additional eligibility requirements posted by the event organisers.
- Applicants who do not belong to one of 3ie’s member agencies, apply through the open-calls and must submit completed applications by the deadline.
- Member nominees must confirm participation and provide any requested
documentation by the deadline noted in the announcement email.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full training or conference.
- For each bursary award, 3ie covers the cost of round-trip economy airfare from the participant’s home city, accommodation specified by 3ie, and registration fee.
- Bursary programme participants (or their employers) are responsible for costs
associated with the visa application process, ground transportation and meals that are not included in the registration fee.
- Where possible, 3ie will arrange for accommodation that includes breakfast.
- Bursary support will not provide per diems or other reimbursements.
3ie awards bursaries on a competitive basis to applicants who apply through open calls.Completed applications include:
- submitted application form;
- statement of motivation;
- detailed resume; and,
- a letter of support from the applicant’s employer.
The executive director’s office reviews the application materials, and ensures all candidates meet 3ie’s eligibility criteria and selection criteria set by event organisers.
Applicants are shortlisted keeping in mind the event-specific criteria, strength of each applicant’s resume, review of the statement of motivation and letter of support from their employers. The executive director selects and approves final awards.
Notification and Confirmation
Selected candidates are notified of their awards via email. The email includes the official award letter and travel profile form. The award letter contains a short description of the event, costs covered by 3ie and the requirements for participation. Applicants who are not selected are notified via email so they may look for alternate funding. All participants are asked to confirm their participation and return the completed travel profile and a scanned copy of their passport within 48 hours of receiving the award letter. All applicants must communicate with 3ie’s bursary programme office in a timely manner.Failure to do so will result in the bursary being cancelled.
Download bursary program document
Visit webpage for more information here