Application Deadline: 19 June 2018
The School of Politics and International Relations at the University of Nottingham is pleased to announce that it is offering two fee waivers for postgraduate research students registering in the school for the 2018/19 academic year. These awards are based on Home/EU fee levels and are for full-time study. They will be offered on a competitive basis, with applications being ranked by a school panel, whose judgement will be final.
Who is eligible?
Students who have applied for a place on a PhD research programme in the School of Politics and International Relations are eligible to apply. International students are eligible to apply, but please note that funding is only at the level of Home/EU fees. The award is for new full-time students only.
The awards cover full-time Home/EU research postgraduate fees at Research Council rates (£4,195 for 2017/18). The expected start date for awards is 1 October 2018. The scholarship can be awarded for up to three years provided that the student makes satisfactory progress.
How to apply
Please email your application to Veronica Blake with (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information:
- Your name
- The degree programme for which you are applying
- Your Applicant ID number
- Title of proposed doctoral research project
- A prospective supervisor you have identified from within the school (see the areas of supervision) – a prospective supervisor will happily discuss a draft proposal with you prior to submission
- Your research proposal of up to 1,000 words excluding references, which should contain a brief overview of your intended research, including reference to key literature and account of what is novel about your project and research methods
- Please title your email ‘Politics PhD Fee Waiver Competition Application’
Application for a place on the school’s PhD programmes must be made via the University’s online application system.
The deadline for applications is 5 pm on 19 June 2018.
Visit webpage for more information here.