Application Deadline – 22nd June 2018.
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported centre of excellence for education and research at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The main aim of CDT-Africa is to serve as a platform for equitable access to interventions (medications, vaccines, diagnostics and complex interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high-quality capacity development for innovative therapeutic discovery.
As part of its commitment to support regional capacity for therapeutic development, the Center has developed a Master’s program in Clinical Trials. This MSc program was developed after a needs assessment, which combines extensive need for the program, and following standard procedures.
The program’s overall aim is to prepare competent individuals who would work in pharmaceutical industries, regulatory agencies, contract research organizations, academia and other research centres, with the primary objective of assisting with the designing, execution and reporting of clinical trials pertaining to drugs, diagnostics, behavioural interventions and medical devices commensurate with Good Clinical Practice, legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
- A candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in healthcare or life sciences, such as pharmacy, public health, nursing, biology, doctorate degree in medicine or equivalent, doctor of dental medicine, and doctor of veterinary medicine. Those with Bachelor of Statistics are also eligible.
- Others with additional qualifications with or without Bachelor Degree in the life sciences may be eligible if relevant further qualifications are obtained. Examples of such qualifications are public health, MSc in pharmacy, MSc in pharmacology, MSc in statistics, and doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
- As this is a needs based program, it is desirable for applicants to have one or two years of service after last graduation with relevant program to have the exposure to real-life challenges prior to joining the program.
- A candidate who satisfies the above admission requirements will be required to take and pass oral examination.
- Applicants from government institutions may need to submit a sponsorship letter from their employing institution once they are shortlisted and succeeded the oral examination
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University. Read More….
- The MSc program is designed to meet the highest international standards of training in Clinical Trials. It has a total duration of 18 months and 96 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) consisting of 59 ECTS general and specialized subject area modules, 2 ECTS seminar works, 5 ECTS attachments, and 30 ECTS MSc research project works.
- The program will be delivered in full time mode in a modular block teaching approach.
- Lectures will be held at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, while students will have hands-on teaching-learning at
- The Center will pay for any required registration fee and tuition fee
- The Center will have a modest funding to support research projects of all students.
- Any student coming from countries outside Ethiopia will have a dormitory within Addis
- Ababa University and a net stipend of 10, 000 Ethiopian birr.
- Other national students are required to have sponsorship from their institutions.
- Application document (CV, official transcript, copies of degrees, motivation letter) must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal (email: email@example.com) copying Ms Samrawit Ketema (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The motivation letter should describe how the applicant meets the requirements for the MSc study and why he/she wants to engage in the program.
- Shortlisted national applicants will be interviewed at the CDT-Africa office in Addis Ababa, while shortlisted international applicants will be interviewed remotely through Skype or other means.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline – 22nd June 2018.
For more information,please visit the official website of the Clinical Trials Fellowship