Application Deadline: August 31, 2018.
The Arab Council for Social Sciences in 2016 launched the Small Grants Program on the themes of youth and spatial spatial inequality. The Arab Council for Social Sciences Small Grants Program offers a funding opportunity to support researchers and professionals in the Arab region to present their work at conferences, receive training, undertake exploratory studies, organize activities to disseminate their research, or organize workshops.
The program is funded by grants received by the Arab Council for Social Sciences from the Ford Foundation and the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) . The program offers small grants worth US $ 4,000 to Arab researchers and activists living in the Arab region whose work focuses on Arab communities. Grants are designed to provide support in flexible and short-term ways
The program aims to provide small amounts of funding (about US $ 4,000) within a short period of time. The program funds five types of activities:
1. Travel grants (for work at a conference or participation in a workshop)
2. Training support
3. Organization of workshops
4. Financing exploratory studies
5. Financing research dissemination activities
Nationality / Residence
- Applicants must be from an Arab country (ie, the Arab State affiliated with the League of Arab States) or residents of an Arab country (ie residents of the region for a long time, even if they do not have the nationality of the host country, Stateless persons). Read More…
- Applicants must have at least a master’s degree in basic social sciences or related fields. The areas of basic social sciences include anthropology, demography, economics, education, history, political science, psychology and sociology. Related disciplines include architecture, urban planning, geography, law, gender studies, cultural studies, and development studies.
- Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 40.
Procedures for submitting applications and materials required
Applicants must fill in the application form on the Internet with the supporting documents according to the type of funding requested. The required materials can be submitted in Arabic, French or English. Please note that the Selection Committee will only study completed applications .
To be completed, the application must include:
- Electronic Application Form
- Additional materials for your special funding request.
- Applicant’s CV
- Budget request form
- Copy of passport or identity card